The quiz night is now fixed for the Saturday evening of the 16th March at the Long Furlong Community Centre. Get the date in your diaries and start telling your friends. Details will follow shortly.
An afternoon choral workshop with Janet Lincé
This was held on the afternoon of Sunday 20th January at the Matrix with Peter McMullin as accompanist.
It attracted a number of new people besides the regular choir members and was enjoyed by all. We received a great number of valuable tips and had, as promised, a very enjoyable afternoon.
We will be performing on Sunday March 31st.
Rehearsals started on Friday January 4th. The program will be:
- Mozart – Ave Verum Corpus K 618
- Max Reger – Nachtlied Op.138
- Bruckner – Locus Iste WAB 23
- Fasch – Concerto for trumpet, 2 oboes, strings & continuo in D major, FaWV L:D1
- Vivaldi – Credo RV 591
- Haydn – Mass in B flat major ‘Theresienmesse’ Hob XXII:12
- Handel – Chandos anthem No 2: In the Lord put I my trust – HWV 247
- Handel – Chandos anthem No 9: O praise the Lord – HWV 254
- Purcell – Rejoice in the Lord alway ‘The bell anthem’, Z 49
- Handel – Concerto Grosso in C major ‘Alexander’s Feast’ – HWV 318
The first rehearsal was at 19:30 on Friday 14th September.
We are looking for new singers. We rehearse on a Friday evening in Sutton Courtenay. Rehearsals for our next concert of three of Handel’s Chandos Anthems start on the 14th September 2018. You can just come along but it would be helpful if you were to contact the secretary then we can be sure to have a copy of the music for you.
Minutes of the 36th Annual General Meeting held on 04 May 2018 at The Matrix, Sutton Courtenay