The programme will be:
- Mozart: Missa Brevis in D Minor K 65
- Mozart: Ave Verum
- Faure: Requiem
- Faure: Cantique de Jean Racine
- Vaughan Williams: Fantasia on Christmas Carols
The 1st Rehearsal will be 6th Sep at 19:30
The performance will be on 24th November at 19:30
See also notes if you are a member of the Singers.
12th July 2019
The Matrix Music School and Arts Centre, The Nursery, Sutton Courtenay
- Apologies for absence
- Minutes of the 2018 AGM – approval and matters arising
- Chair’s report
- Treasurer’s report
- Ideas from the floor on how to address our problems
Wine and cheese
- Any more ideas
- Election of committee where anybody who has paid their membership for last year or who joined us for the initial free term can vote.
All that is known at the moment is that rehearsals will start on the 10th January and the performance will be on the 29th March
We will be performing on Sunday March 31st.
Rehearsals started on Friday January 4th. The program will be:
- Vivaldi – Credo RV 591
- Fasch – Concerto for trumpet, 2 oboes, strings & continuo in D major, FaWV L:D1
- Mozart – Ave Verum Corpus K 618
- Max Reger – Nachtlied Op.138
- Bruckner – Locus Iste WAB 23
- Haydn – Mass in B flat major ‘Theresienmesse’ Hob XXII:12
A quiz night was held on the Saturday evening of the 16th March at the Long Furlong Community Centre in Abingdon. A simple, home cooked, meal was provided along with a cash bar and raffle.
- Good value for money in terms of entertainment, food and fun
- Steve, the quiz-master, was excellent, good questions and well balanced subjects
- Excellent food and plenty of it.
- Excellent choice of beer
- Good choice of wines … could have charged more!
- A great evening … would come again
- What a great evening – good quiz, good food, and good company – when’s the next one ?
The event raised £1408.33 in support of our next and subsequent concerts.
An afternoon choral workshop with Janet Lincé
This was held on the afternoon of Sunday 20th January at the Matrix with Peter McMullin as accompanist.
It attracted a number of new people besides the regular choir members and was enjoyed by all. We received a great number of valuable tips and had, as promised, a very enjoyable afternoon.
This will be a Handel dominated programme. The date is now fixed for Sunday November the 25th 2018:
- Handel – Chandos anthem No 2: In the Lord put I my trust – HWV 247
- Handel – Chandos anthem No 9: O praise the Lord – HWV 254
- Purcell – Rejoice in the Lord alway ‘The bell anthem’, Z 49
- Handel – Concerto Grosso in C major ‘Alexander’s Feast’ – HWV 318
The first rehearsal was at 19:30 on Friday 14th September.
Continue reading “Autumn Concert 2018”
All are available on Choralia. After following the link you will find for each part and movement three possibilities: just your part (with metronome), your part emphasised or all parts. You can play back directly on your computer tweaking the speed and balance as you wish or you can download an mp3 file to play in the car when driving to work.
We are looking for new singers. We rehearse on a Friday evening in Sutton Courtenay. Rehearsals for our next concert of three of Handel’s Chandos Anthems start on the 14th September 2018. You can just come along but it would be helpful if you were to contact the secretary then we can be sure to have a copy of the music for you.