Apologies for absence
Changes to the constitution
Your committee recommends the approval of the following. This requires a two thirds majority of those voting members present. Voting members are those who have paid their subscription for last year or a part of last year. The proposed changes are:
- Change the committee roles to replace “Orchestra Manager” by “Concert Manager” and remove the “Musical Director (if not holding one of the previous offices)” as he is not elected but paid by us and is not technically a member
- Delete 6a – “The financial year shall end of 30 April”
- 6b Delete the second sentence ” Cheques or withdrawal slips shall be signed by two officers nominated by the Trustees.” This will allow us to use more modern banking.
- 6d Append the following sentence: “A charity trustee may benefit from trustee indemnity insurance cover purchased at the charity’s expense in accordance with, and subject to the conditions in, section 189 of the Charities Act 2011.” This wording is taken from a model constitution on the charity commission website.
- 7 remove the precise date to make the first sentence read: Each year, the members shall be summoned to an Annual General Meeting for which at least fourteen days notice shall have been given.
- 8 Change the title to INDEPENDENTLY EXAMINED ACCOUNTS. Our accounts need at most independent examination rather than auditing.