12th July 2019
The Matrix Music School and Arts Centre, The Nursery, Sutton Courtenay
- Apologies for absence
- Minutes of the 2018 AGM – approval and matters arising
- Chair’s report
- Treasurer’s report
- Ideas from the floor on how to address our problems
Wine and cheese
- Any more ideas
- Election of committee where anybody who has paid their membership for last year or who joined us for the initial free term can vote.
I have sung and conducted a number of great Glorias by the likes of Vivaldi, Poulenc, and John Rutter, and so it was with a certain amount of trepidation that I approached the writing of this piece. A few years ago, a young American singer from a children’s choir festival I was conducting said to me that she liked the piece of mine that they were singing. She then told me that she had recently sung another new piece that she really liked by ‘some guy called Vivaldi’. She asked me if I knew him. I was so struck by this, because to this young lady the piece might have been written yesterday. To her it felt fresh and communicative, and I thought, if I could emulate those feelings for just a few moments, I would be happy. Vivaldi’s Gloria was very much in my mind when I wrote my own setting.
Bob Chilcott © 2017
- Bob Chilcott – Gloria
- Franz Schubert – Mass No. 2 in G major, D 167
- Antonio Vivaldi – Gloria, RV589
Rehearsals will start on the 10th January and the performance will be on the 29th March