Join us in this exciting celebration of 40 year’s singing! Tickets are available at the door but we encourage you to obtain them beforehand if possible.
Our next concert will be held on Sunday 22nd May 2022 in All Saints’ Church, Sutton Courtenay starting at 7:30 pm. The final programme includes:
Vivaldi: Gloria in D (RV589)
Vivaldi: Nulla in Mundo Pax Sincera (RV630) – Soprano solo
Mozart: Missa Brevis in C major (KV220) Sparrow Mass
Mozart: Ave Verum Corpus (K618)
Haydn: Te Deum in C major
Tickets are £15 which includes a programme. They can be purchased by contacting or 07870 506774. They are also on sale at Hari & Esha’s in Sutton Courtenay and at the Bookstore in Bury Street, Abingdon.
Or from 2nd April you can apply on-line at https://www.trybooking.com/uk/BODN.
This promises to be a joyous and inspiring concert; we are looking forward to it and hope to see you there.
This next term we are planning to meet up again in the Matrix to sing – without visors. Covid precautions will be taken very seriously; we will be spaced out and the room will be well-ventilated. Furthermore, all participants will need a negative lateral flow test prior to the meeting. And this time we will be working towards a concert – provisionally booked for 22nd May 2022 in All Saints’ Church – our first for more than two years.
The pieces we will be singing are:
- Vivaldi’s Gloria
- Mozart’s Sparrowmass
- Haydn’s Te Deum in C – in Latin
It is with regret that we are unable to perform during the Covid pandemic because of the potential risk of cross infection, but we will be planning new concerts as soon as we are able.
We will be performing on Sunday March 31st.
Rehearsals started on Friday January 4th. The program will be:
- Vivaldi – Credo RV 591
- Fasch – Concerto for trumpet, 2 oboes, strings & continuo in D major, FaWV L:D1
- Mozart – Ave Verum Corpus K 618
- Max Reger – Nachtlied Op.138
- Bruckner – Locus Iste WAB 23
- Haydn – Mass in B flat major ‘Theresienmesse’ Hob XXII:12
- Handel – Chandos anthem No 2: In the Lord put I my trust – HWV 247
- Handel – Chandos anthem No 9: O praise the Lord – HWV 254
- Purcell – Rejoice in the Lord alway ‘The bell anthem’, Z 49
- Handel – Concerto Grosso in C major ‘Alexander’s Feast’ – HWV 318
The first rehearsal was at 19:30 on Friday 14th September.